Blacken My Eye
(c) 1999 Bungie Software Products Corporation
I. INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND
Periodically the mapmaking group TMBMM (They Must Be Morkandmindy) has a contest to see who can make the most complete and fun map in a mere 2 hours. The resulting maps must be playable and tie in to a Theme that is unknown until the clock starts ticking. Oh... the maps also must finish up being under 2mb in size zipped.
Blacken My Eye started out as a part in one of these contests. At that time it was called DorkapokoLips based on that nights theme of Apocalypse. Dorfs, Snow, Venting Volcanos and a small cramped map seemed right to me, so that's what I built. You'll find that the DorkapokiLips mesh is mainly as it originally was and is essentially a dorf riot type map complete with Pathfinders. WHuHAHAHAHA
After the contest I spent a bit more time on it and finished it up. Now with The Seventh God out I thought I'd convert it to TSG play and release it.
II. ABOUT BLACKEN MY EYE
Blacken My Eye is intended to be fun and entertaining. Nothing else. You'll find that the small size of the map really holds the larger units like Tro and Dragons in check. They don't have free room to roam and sometimes are best traded away.
You MUST HAVE The Seventh God fully installed and working in order to use this map! If you try playing it without TSG installed you will brutally crash and your eyebrows will fall out. Other forms of hair loss are possible, just not predictable.
IV. A NOTE FROM CLEM
At this point Blacken My Eye will most likely be my last M2 project released under my name. I've got a couple other things contributed to other people projects right now, but am just a contributing factor. I wanted this last release to be something fun, entertaining and very unTSG like. TSG's multiplayer maps tend to be quite serious, this map is not.
RESPONSIBLITY for anything you don't like on this map:
C L E M
THE SEVENTH GOD :
2 HOUR MAPMAKING CONTEST:
TMBM (Two Many Breasted Munklets)
hah, beta testing... right.
OTHER CONTRIBUTING FACTORS
"Blacken My Eye" and "Myth II: Soulblighter" Copyright (c) 1999 Bungie Software Products Corporation. The Seventh God was created with Bungie's "Fear" and "Loathing" by Creation.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
This Creation Games(CG) End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you ("you") and CG for Blacken My Eye. By installing, copying, or otherwise using Blacken My Eye, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. Blacken My Eye is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Blacken My Eye is licensed, not sold, and ALL SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS."
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: This EULA grants you the following rights:
á Installation and Use: You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of Blacken My Eye. Any copies of Blacken My Eye which this License authorizes you to make are subject to this EULA.
á Reproduction and Distribution: You may not reproduce and distribute copies of TSG without the express written concent of CG.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
á Support Services: CG will not provide you with support services ("Support Services") related to Blacken My Eye.
á Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights of CG's your rights under this EULA will terminate automatically without notice from CG if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this EULA. In such event you must destroy all copies of Blacken My Eye and any related materials.
3. COPYRIGHT: All right, title and interest in and to Blacken My Eye (including the copyrights in Blacken My Eye and including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, and text incorporated into Blacken My Eye), the accompanying printed materials (if any), and any copies of Blacken My Eye are owned by CG. Blacken My Eye is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Except as permitted by applicable law and this License, you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, or create derivative works from Blacken My Eye without express written consent of CG.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of Blacken My Eye is at your sole risk. Blacken My Eye is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and CG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CG DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN Blacken My Eye WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF Blacken My Eye WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN Blacken My Eye WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, CG DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF Blacken My Eye OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY CG OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF CG'S SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD Blacken My Eye PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT CG OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF CG'S) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF Blacken My Eye REMAINS WITH YOU.
5. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CG OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE, EVEN IF CG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF Blacken My Eye REMAINS WITH YOU.
6. Fault Tolerance. Blacken My Eye is not fault tolerant and is not designed, manufactured, or intended for use as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communications systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of Blacken My Eye could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). CG specifically disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion of this EULA, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this EULA shall continue in full force and effect. This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of Blacken My Eye and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this EULA will be binding unless in writing and signed by CG.