A Very Idiot Halloween v1.2r - Last Updated: 2006/10/19
Original Plugin by Idiot Mapmaking Collective - Redux by Baak
I originally rebuilt this plugin in 2004 to modify the inspired Hallowe'en map by removing
the insanely annoying ambient music that rendered the game unplayable on a PC.
After we decided the pumpkins had way too many duds I gave it one final makeover. I hope you
like the tweaks and they allow you to play this most excellent map by the IMC:
* A dark tinge to the map and longer shadows - not night, but think of it as just before...
* More random spooky sounds around the map, adding to the mood
* The Pumpkins now behave: fewer duds and they will "come back to life" now and then
* Pumpkin explosion sounds are more interesting/realistic/funky
* Fewer flying witches and resized them (they were too big and slowed the map down)
* I've added 3 (start and max) Unlit Pumpkins that the Dorf Trick-or-Treaters can drop
* I've made the Dorf T.o.T.'s "float" - adding more spookiness and strategy to the game
* I've added a few 1.5/1.6 features that make their combat more enjoyable
* Stampede units are now the ultra-cool Imprisoned Skeletons (with Taunt/Celebration!)
This map is just too dang cool and fun not to play. I hope you enjoy the modifications.
Trick or Treat! :D
------- ORIGINAL README FOLLOWS:
It's that time of year again. The time for little kids in costumes, jack o' lanterns on the front porch, razor blades put in trick or treat candy... er, well, you know what I mean.
A few members of the former Idiots Mapmaking Collective have come together for one last map for Myth 2, A Very Idiot Halloween. In the tradition of A Very Idiot Christmas, we've taken a classic Bungie map, shifted seasons, and stuffed it full of festive insanity. Trick-or-Treating Dwarfs chuck flaming pumpkins at each other, giant Jack O' Lanterns wander aimlessly, busty witches float about causing havoc, all to a horribly catchy soundtrack. Plenty of other surprises are included in this map, so you'll just have to play it and find them all!
Along with the Halloween mesh, this plugin includes a set of classic meshes created specifically for Gimble 'r' Us. The unitsets on these meshes are identical to Gimble in the Wabe, but start locations have been modified for fair tournament play.
So grab some friends, have fun, and don't eat all your candy in one night!
Fear, loathing, and colormap by Demosthenes
Witch and Jack O' Lantern units by Giant
Dwarven Trick-or-Treater and skeleton by Korgath
Gravestone by Amadeus
Netgame scenery by Badlands
Jack O' Lantern model by Digital Dream
Witch model by Greg Crowfoot
The Idiots Mapmaking Collective recognize the pre-existing rights and responsibilities of Take Two Software. All appropriate graphics © 1997-2001, All Rights Reserved: Take Two. Portions of the Software made with Fear and/or Loathing and/or other Take Two products, tools or generally published documentation remain under the prior license agreements for the use of those software products. Sorry about you impaling yourself getting the shoebox off. what with no opposable thumbs and everything. Myth: The Fallen Lords, Myth II: Soulblighter, Fear, and Loathing © 1996-2001. All Rights Reserved. Take Two Software.