short for "Competitive". Other names for this kind of game are: "multiplayer" (because you can't play a competitive game by yourself) and "free-for-all"(ffa) - because it's every one for oneself. Comp is the opposite of Coop. Maps that competitive games are played on are often called "netmaps" because they must be played by more than one person - e.g. over a network.
The types of competitive games are:
- Body Count: The team that inflicts the most damage on the other teams wins.
- Steal the Bacon: There is a ball on the field. The team that controls the ball when time runs out is the winner.
- Last Man on the Hill: Instead of a ball, there is a hill and a flag. The team that controls the flag when time runs out is the winner.
- Scavenger Hunt: Multiple balls are hidden around the map. The team whose players touch the balls first is the winner.
- Flag Rally: Like Scavenger Hunt, except with flags.
- Capture the Flag: Each team has a flag. The team that touches an enemy's flag first is the winner.
- Balls on Parade: Like Capture the Flag, except with balls.
- Territories: The map is broken into territories, each with a flag. The team that controls the most territories when time expires is the winner.
- Captures: Several balls are scattered around the map. The team that controls the most balls when time expires is the winner.
- King of the Hill: Similar to Last Man on the Hill, except this time it's the team that controlled the hill for the longest duration when time expires is the winner.
- Stampede: Sports in the world of Myth. Each team starts with a certain number of animals and tries to drive them into an opponent's zone, scoring a point for each one. The team with the highest score when time expires is the winner.
- Assassin: Each team has a unit identified as a target. If their target is killed, that team is out of play. The team that killed the most targets when time expires is the winner.
- Hunting: Each player tries to kill as many of the hunted creature/target as possible. The winner is the player with the most kills when the time is up. [Targets an be anything from birds to undead to dwarves, to scarecrows, etc] [This game is NOT in Myth 3]
- Assault: One team defends a flag and the other attacks. The defenders win if they keep the attackers away until time expires; the attackers win if they touch the flag before time is up. After each contest, the teams switch sides. [This game is ONLY in Myth 3]